Maintenance Request Form
Please read the following trouble shooting guide, before completing the Maintenance Request form, as well as Section V MAINTENANCE, DAMAGE AND REPAIR of your Tenant Handbook to understand your responsibilities. Tenants maybe charged for a service call and the repair cost (including trip charges) if the service vendor determines that the tenant failed to perform routine maintenance task as detailed below:
- Fire: If there is a fire call 911 and then call us.
- Flood: If you are experiencing a flood due to water from toilet, broken pipe, water heater or any other water source, turn off the main water valve to the property as soon as possible. Single family home valves are typically outside and a condominium valve is typically inside near the water heater. Call us immediately and start to clean up all the water on floor or carpet to prevent further damage.
- Smoke Detector won't work when tested or Beep: time to replace battery, please install new battery.
- No power to plugs or switches: Check and reset breakers at main panel. Check and reset all ground fault indicator (GFI) outlets (located in kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, and garages). Check if plug works off a wall switch to verify if there is power.
- Garbage disposal doesn't work: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off disposal and unplug electric cord of disposal from wall. Using an Allen wrench, put the wrench in the center shaft and twist back and forth (this un-jams the disposal). Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn back on, and test. Repeat until the object is removed. Make sure not to turn on the disposal while your hand is inside the disposal.
- No hot water: Check and reset breaker in electrical panel. Check all the hot water faucets in house to see if issue of no hot water is in all of the house or just one faucet. Place service request.
- Plumbing or fixture leaks: Turn off water fixture, turn off water at supply line affecting that leak or at the main valve. Place service request.
- Toilet is plugged: Get a plunger and use it to plunge and remove the obstruction in toilet. Then test toilet by flushing again.
- Dishwasher won't drain: Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher, pour a cup of vinegar and run a cycle to test.
- Refrigerator too warm or too cold: Check thermostat in refrigerator is set correctly.
- No Air Conditioning or Heat: Check circuit breakers on main panel. Clean and replace AC Filter, replace battery in thermostat and test.
- No Electricity: Check all breakers; flip them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position. Check all GFI in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry room, and garage. Make sure it is not a local problem with the electric company.